The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Friday, April 06, 2001

�Fun with Haiku� or �How femme am I?� The other night I was AIM-ing with my pal Raina and started writing haiku. It was a fun mental and creative exercise, and the results show how lacking I am mentally and creatively. Here are two of the ones I wrote that night. One is about Raina, whom I call my daughter (she�s very dear, but I unfairly and patronizingly always think of her as a little girl). The other is about Julie, my current crush. "My daughter Raina, Spunky, cool, cute, and brainy, She will conquer all." "Julie, sweet Julie, Why does your smile astound me? I�d love to learn why." Yes, the second one is unbelievably femme. Then again there�s something altogether girly about men writing haiku. But to steal a Tagalog phrase for a second, �Ako Ito!