The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

They Love Me in Korea Wow. I've been back in the country for six hours and things are already silly. It started off when some idiot took my bag off the luggage carousel. I waited and waited for my bag, but it disappeared without my knowledge. So the airport personnel called this tool and I had to wait for him to drive back and drop off my bag. I wanted to hit him when he got out of the car. I sent one of my "too honest" emails. She must think I'm a total sap ... or that I own stock in the company. Sap, LLC. Oh, I totally forgot to mention that I met my tenth fan! Anka and I were walking around when this guy comes up to us and says, "You microphone good!" He's all happy and smiling, so naturally I assumed he was trying to talk us into going to his karaoke bar or something. He keeps rambling things that I'm not really listening to when I finally hear him say, "GameSpy." So I start paying attention to him again and discover that he's from Korea and a fan of my video interviews. After being told, "You very funny!" and, "Good, good show," I randomly went into this Martin Short from The Three Amigos thing and replied, "You think I'm very funny! That's great. I don't know how funny I actually am, but often I think it's the fans that let me be so funny by allowing me the creative license to pursue what I find to be truly humorous. If people like you didn't watch then my superiors wouldn't let me be 'very funny.'" (Or something to the effect.) He had no idea what I was talking about.