The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Tuesday, May 29, 2001

�Letters to Clea� or �The sound of silence� I�ve been in a weird mood lately. I know, I know, big surprise. It�s just that there are things in life I really want and I know they can happen, but I�m so afraid to try. I find it so odd that one can be frightened of success in life, love, etc., but here I am. Like anything that�s real in life, I have a sports analogy for it. I feel like David Cone last year. Obviously he wanted to win and had the game to do it, but he was so afraid of his own stuff that he lost a lot more than he won. Sue me, I make stupid analogies every now and then. There�s just stuff I want with all my heart, but I�m so scared to try. Against my better judgement I shared my feelings with two of my friends. I can only imagine how ridiculous I sounded. There�s an old Indian saying that goes something like, �Let the fire burn, but do not let the smoke escape your lips.� I should be mindful of it and shut up more. I�ve developed a huge crush on Clea DuVall. Several of the characters she plays have a cool combination of being strong, yet gentle, and a little crazy. She�s just outstandingly sexy to me right now. My job interview at GameSpot is tomorrow so I better get some sleep.