The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Tuesday, January 29, 2002

Perfect Record 0 for 2: I recently asked out my friend's ex-roommate and got the Heisman. As far as brush offs go, it was relatively nice. 0 for 3: Even more recently I asked my friend to see if it was cool if I called a friend of his that I met. Apparently it's not cool. And 2002 is starting off most swimmingly. I will keep trying though. My goal is to see if I can make it to 0 for 50. I think I win some kind of trophy or something. Shouldn't be too hard. Oh, I wrote the most obscure joke I ever made in an article. Check out the first paragraph on this page. The white man's burden joke is okay, but I'm hoping someone discerns from my last name that I'm Filipino. See, Kipling's original poem was written during the Philippine-American War. Probably one person will get the joke, which is cool with me. Of course that same paragraph resorts to a pot joke at the end for an easy guffaw.