The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Wednesday, January 23, 2002

You ever been in a situation where you see something bad about to happen, but can't do anything that can prevent it? My life is nothing like that right now.... It's just weird I guess. You ever read an amazing book? You know that feeling you have when you're down to the last few chapters, which quickly become the last few pages, and finally the last few sentences? I guess that's where I'm at right now. And I'm not very good with endings. I hate saying goodbye. I remember when I left NY, I didn't tell most of my friends I was moving out west. I just couldn't deal with saying goodbye. Great, now that old Bon Jovi song "Never Say Goodbye" is stuck in my head. I guess I don't like dwelling on the past. I've wasted so many years of my life because I couldn't get past something/someone. Now I'm putting myself in a situation where I can move forward, but I'm having a really difficult time. Well, nobody said it was going to be easy.