The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Rainy Days and Mondays "Talking to myself and feeling old...." The Carpenters rule. I don't care what anyone says. It rained last night and will continue to do so until the end of the week. This is extremely unusual in Southern California...and I'm lovin' it. Rain can be peaceful and playful. It always puts me in a reflective state of mind. Valentine's Day is coming up. I think I've had one pleasant V-Day in the last nine years. I still want to go on a vacation. It's too late to make plans to catch an Australian summer. Maybe I'll go to Hawaii...but that seems so commercial. I should make a point to take some kind of break before E3. It's kind of fun having a crush on a girl you've met once, said two words to, and plan on never speaking to again. Ah, the path to meaningful relationships. Where the hell is it? "Hanging around, nothing I can do but frown...."