The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Sunday, July 20, 2003

Endings and Beginnings It was The Girl's birthday last week. I sent her a card--nothing special or dramatic or anything. I just wanted to let her know that I was wishing her well on her birthday. Thoughts of her and all that happened were haunting me, but then all this other neat stuff happened that helped me forget it. I'm thinking it was good karma--sending The Girl a card, randomly getting a flower for Leah, and cancelling that inappropriate date. Perhaps I'm finally done with all that stuff with her. I mean, I know I'll miss what we used to have, but maybe it won't matter to me anymore. I had more fun chatting with that new chick on Friday. She's really, really neat. She's already said that I'm charming and witty and that I make her laugh. So I have no choice but to ruin this image she has of me next week. Don't worry, I'll find some way to mess it up.