The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Saturday, August 16, 2003

Bye Bye Bye The last two days have been all sorts of fun, but with a hint of melancholy. Tony and Brandy are visiting. It's really cool to see them. We went out for a bite to eat before heading to Carlos' and Matt's party. Lots of interesting things happened, and not just because I got drunk. Somehow I ended up hanging out in the ocean with a bunch of people. The water was really warm (or I was really drunk) and the company was fun. I strolled off for a bit because I was thinking about Raina and missing her going-away party, so I wrote a note to her in the sand. Hey, it seemed like a good idea when I was drunk. Eventually I got home, where Steve and I decided to hang out on the porch, smoke, and talk about our feelings and the future. I ended up crashing at 5:00 AM, only because I needed rest for tennis the next morning. There's a lot I'm leaving out, but I'll speak on that when I sort it all out in my head. Amazingly, I was able to wake up for my 10:00 AM tennis match with Phu and Adrienne. I had a pretty killer headache for the first half hour or so, but I was able to shake it off. It was fun playing with Tony. His footwork and timing were way off, but he has a strong understanding of how doubles is supposed to be played. After tennis, we BBQ'd and hung out at the pool for several hours. And finally we went to the Angels/Tigers game. Damn the Tigers suck. Oh yeah, I got this random email from a Match.com girl. I was going to do my typical find-some-ridiculous-flaw-so-I-don't-have-to-talk-to-her thing, but Kate made me write her back. She seems pretty neat, but she's a little far (South Bay). I guess we'll see. Hmmmm, gotta pack for my Cabo trip.