The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

"I want to go back... ...to my city by the bay." That's from Lights by Journey-- one of the greatest bands of our time. So I'm going back to San Francisco. I don't know when exactly, but it should be some time before April 1 -- hopefully sooner rather than later. I've wanted to go back for so long and it hasn't really sunk in that it's actually going to happen. At times I wanted to jump around the office and cheer, but mostly I haven't accepted the move as fact. Doing the TV stuff down here will be difficult, but I imagine I'll be in SoCal enough to still do it. Moving to San Francisco actually makes it easier for two new television projects in the works. Funny how that worked out. Now comes the hard part: figuring out who I'm going to live with and where. There are many variables right now so I can't plan as much as I'd like. Thankfully I'm on the road for most of the next ten days so I won't be at home staring at my computer as I devise spreadsheets to overplan moving scenarios. Oh yeah, after 18 tries Mark finally liked one of the columns I wrote. Oddly (sadly?), it made me feel like a son that just won his father's approval.