The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Innocence Lost I got a surprise visit from someone I've known for a few years. It's funny how much she's changed. In many ways, she's more beautiful than when I first met her...but the exuberant and innocent qualities that charmed me are no longer apparent. She's definitely had an interesting life over the years, but it's sad to see her so...(thinking of some word less powerful than jaded). I'm in Bend, Oregon right now, which is lovelier than it sounds. I'm actually enjoying how quiet it is here. The stars are so bright since the air is so clean. There's a cute little river. And I'm staying at this adorable hotel. My room has a sunken living room and a fireplace. It's really cute in an LL Bean kind of way. I'll post pictures when I get back.