The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Monday, March 08, 2004

Mo D.I.C.E. Wow, there's a lot to cover since my last entry. I'll give it a shot though. - Thank you, thank you, thank you Mo! I know it's been almost four years since we last saw or heard from each other, and calling you under those funky circumstances was pretty...unexpected. But you helped me out big time. I kind of don't want to know how you got everything done, but it's a tremendous favor you did for me. I owe you a life debt. Call in that marker any time. Let's have a few beers and shoot some darts at the pub this weekend counselor. - If you've heard or read any rumors about me, be like Public Enemy and don't believe the hype. Some of it is true and some of it isn't. Yes, it happened. Please don't ask me about it next time you see me. Maybe wait a few months and we'll chat about it over a drink. - D.I.C.E. was really cool. The lineup wasn't as big as last year's, but the sessions I went to were really awesome. I got to work on lots of cool side projects and get plenty of publicity. My little stunt got tons of reactions. Most of them were cool, some of them were whimsical, and very few demeaning. It's like Jack Sparrow says, "but you have heard of me." Ryan has some pics up on his site (check the entry from 3/7). - Today was a very Orange County day. It's absolutely gorgeous outside. Steve and I went to the pool early on. I worked on my tan for the first time this year (Dang I forgot how much I enjoy tanning). Next we caught up with Christian for some Taco Mesa action. Then we went shopping at South Coast Plaza. - I'm not going crazy with my money and hopefully I won't. I did buy some things to celebrate a little. Most of it was on sale, so no worries. The discounted items include five DVDs, three Tommy shirts, a pair of Kenneth Cole boots, and a Zegna shirt. The one item I picked up that wasn't on sale was a Paul Frank camo bag. Aside from a few pairs of shoes (I need Camper Twins!), I don't think I'll be splurging anymore. - Last, but not least. To the handful of people that are alarmed by my recent activities, please don't worry. Everything is cool and I'm happier than I've been in a long, long time. Just trust me on this one.