The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Rock Bottom Okay, I'm pretty sure this is the low point. My baseball team choked in a historic fashion. I spent a good portion of yesterday nursing the worst hangover I've had all year. She's still with the wrong guy. I still have delusions of fighting for and trying to win her affections. And I'm not in the fork-tongued, slippery-minded state I need to be in for this meeting. So it's all uphill from here, right? Well, maybe after this meeting ... ... which starts in a few minutes. Two of my charges decided to come into work late today. This just seems idiotic to me. We're having a meeting with the boss to discuss our grievances. This is not the best time to tardily stroll into the office. You're putting yourself at a disadvantage before the meeting even starts by coming off as a slacker. It seems like a simple political move to get into the office early the day the boss flies up from SoCal. Part of it is my already-crappy mood, but I'm five seconds away from smacking both of them. I'm also five seconds away from wrecklessly going for her with everything I have.