The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Duh Randy Johnson had this dumb ass quote at a Yankee press conference yesterday: "Any time I've taken the mound it's always been the old Samson-and-Goliath story written about me." So I guess it's David and Delilah, huh? Like The Big Unit, I too feel really dumb right now. It started when I forgot to photocopy our apartment application. Yes, the concept of people filling out separate applications for an apartment totally vanished from my mind. Kit and I went to my office, where I went through one White Out pen and half a bottle of Liquid Paper trying to cover up a copy of Kit's application so I could turn it into mine. After three layers and lots of photocopy experimentation I settled for a mess of an application. Yes, I can deftly apply makeup to somewhat cover up my physical disability (my face) but I struggle to brush Liquid Paper over ink in an acceptable fashion. Go figure. The whole White Out ordeal left me mentally drained. I was tired to begin with, but it just got really difficult to think after that. It makes me want to trade back some of the fun I had for some of the brain cells I've obliterated. Next I had a conversation with my friend where he was talking about something like "extracting globules from the iceberg theory." I honestly never heard the phrase "iceberg theory" before. Sue me. Anyway, he said a lot of things that were just completely flying over my head. I think it got a little frustrating for him. The ironic part is that he really didn't get what I was saying either. Perhaps my lack of brain was working against me here too. The words "taint" has been on my mind all day. I feel like I'm dragging around this bundle of negative energy with me. It's kind of like a bunch of balloons, but without the shiny / happy effect. It reminds me of when my friend from NYU (totally forgot her name) ran up to me and was amazed at what a negative aura I had. I feel like I have this taint and I ruin everything I get close to. This stems from making an amazingly cool connection with someone and totally ruining it ... because of said taint. It makes me want to avoid people or put up walls. Hmmmm, if I go with the latter will I have a negative feedback loop of my taint? Oh yeah, in another idiot moment I totally forgot that I'm going to be away for almost all of the next week. I need to do laundry and wake up early to pick up dry cleaning. Way to go moron. Oh yeah (2), I got this wicked raise that will allow me to buy an extra Happy Meal every paycheck. On a positive note, pitchers and catchers report to spring training in a few hours!