The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Rolling I should be blogging about DICE 2005, but I'll save that for a longer post. It was a fantastic event; I got a lot of great work done, the networking was superb, my experimentation with libations took a curious twist, I had a really good time, the self promotion was excellent, I didn't get married, and it was really emotional on several levels. I still need to think about it more and let it all sink in. Anyway, shortly after getting off the plane from Vegas, I hit up a Sony Online party. It was more fun and productive than I thought it would be. I met some great people -- both professionally and personally. It was fun, I didn't get hammered, and I think I have some really cool interviews set up for the near future. Kat introduced me to Ashley, my favorite frag doll. After chatting with her and her (maybe ex, maybe still) boyfriend, I was just totally charmed. So many of the boys were enamored with her, but this 22-year old bumpkin got to me in ways that ... I guess I don't think the other boys saw the same things I did. She very much reminded me of another short, young, big-eyed, blondie. After fifteen minutes, I knew she was dangerously charming. I am not allowed to talk to her ever again. She would kill me. I was in wingman mode once again (always the bridesmaid), as one of the people I met took a strong liking to a friend of mine. I put forth a strong effort into setting them up, but he totally dropped the ball on this one. Hopefully he'll recover because she's all about him. Oh, I really shouldn't hug people wearing white shirts when I'm wearing makeup. One of the PR people drunkenly told me, "So, I heard you have a big crush on Zoe Flower." After spitting a bit of pinoit noir across the table, I recovered and replied to one of the funniest things I've heard in the last three years. It was my usual response of claiming that I know her a little bit and hinting that I'm using her to advance my career. I 've been in the North Beach / Chinatown area twice in the last week and I haven't popped into Buddha Bar. I feel enormous guilt for that. Oh, apparently sad girl is on the verge of being homeless again. *sigh* I don't think I have it in me to take care of her right now. February is going to be busy; just got back from Vegas, going to New York, going to Vegas again, and maybe a surprise international trip if I get the story I want. Nope, nope , nope. I can't take care of her. I have to be selfish and try to take care of me. Anyway, I should sleep. I have a day of work and long DICE post tomorrow.