The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Superfly I just got to Los Angeles. The flight here puts me at 25,352 qualifying miles for 2005. I hit my goal of making Premiere for 2006 by Q1. It's good to have goals. 100K here I come! So yeah, that article I mentioned in my last post ... it's pretty fluffy. I was never much of a reporter, and I've gotten worse at reporting as I've become better at entertaining (I'm available for parties). On one hand, I was flattered that the people involved chose me to deliver their message. On the other hand, I was a bit of a pawn. Despite being told that I was chosen for my understanding of the issues, I know part of it was that they know I'm a fan of the company and the person. I'm sure they knew I was going to lob softballs and not ask really hard questions at this time. Still, it made the day more exciting. My hotel for this trip is in WeHo. It's a really exciting area that I don't care for at all. The first few times I hung out at The Standard or The Mondrian were pretty cool, but I much rather be in Westwood. I made the mistake of telling a few people that I'll be in LA. They told a few friends and they told a few friends and so on. I feel guilty because I'm not going to get to see 1/10th of the people I'd like to. Part of it is that there's too many people and too little time (not to sound like Mr. Popular or anything). Part of it is that I don't have it in me to put up the facade for six days in a row (no matter how much makeup I wear *tee-hee*). I'll get to spend time with old friends like Steve and Justin (and hopefully Kate!). And I'll get to see people I'm comfortable being myself with like Ted and Lindsay. Now I just have to figure out how to fit a few more dozen in.