The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ah Singapore I love that Shonen Knife Song. So yeah. I'm trying to convince myself that it's a good idea to go to Singapore next week to film a mouse launch. It's not the most practical thing in the world to do...but when do I do what's practical? It would be such a cool experience and I really want to do it, but it would delay the next episode for a few weeks, which in turn delays me getting paid for the next episode, and I'd be on the road for two weeks straight (Austin, Chicago, and maybe Vegas or Mesquite)...plus it would be raintastic down there...but it's Singapore! I've only been there once and I didn't get to look around at all. It would be an adventure. Perhaps I'll reward myself with Singapore for agreeing to suffer through the disgusting weather of Mesquite (QuakeCon). Damn, I need to make a list. It's time for an Augustine Chan Binary List (yes Steve, I know the binary system is yours, but it's funnier to me if it's Aug's). Good: I get to go to Singpore. Bad: The next episode is delayed. Good: I get to film a segment nobody else will have (I believe I can make a mouse story informative and entertaining). Bad: My next check will be delayed too. Bad: I'll be on the road for two weeks straight. Good: I'll mostly be living off of someone else's tab for two weeks straight. Good: By pushing out the next episode, I increase the chances of Best Best being able to do stuff ergo making it a much better product. Man. Opportunities like this don't pop up too often...I should go...or I should grow up. I'll figure it out tomorrow.