The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Thursday, March 14, 2002

Gone in 36 Hours My second England trip of 2002 was lots of fun. It didn�t have the wild occurrences of the last one; it was more relaxed and less chaotic. My hotel was pretty posh and the hosting company took me to many wonderful restaurants. The latter fact has thrown a small wrench into all the training that I�ve been doing, but I�ll get back on track fast. It was just a very comfortable junket that made me forget about the stuff I�m trying to deal with at home. The plane ride back was lots of fun. I met this Scottish woman named Moira and we really hit it off. Her accent was so sexy and she had a piercing on her lower lip. She�s going to be in San Francisco for two weeks, so hopefully I can see her again�for some of the same kind of fun we had on the plane. I think my powers only work on women from other countries. That or I�m just infinitely more comfortable with women that are an ocean away from me. So roughly 36 hours after landing from London, I�m off to Toronto. Although the travelling has been great, it�s abundantly obvious that I�ve been using it to escape from the things that are bothering me. I�ve started to face the lesser issue and that should be cleared up soon, but the one that�s really breaking my heart is something that will stay with me for a long time. I just don�t know what could make this kind of hurt go away. I guess time will, but I foresee myself just�becoming numb to these kinds of things�becoming closed off and afraid to trust. It�s like, I found someone that I was so comfortable with that I let her into my crazy little world and see things that I would be afraid to share with almost anyone. I didn�t need to pretend with her. She accepted me even when I wasn�t putting up that carefree fa�ade that most people see. And I trusted her so much that I offered her my heart�but she didn�t care to have it. You have no idea how ridiculous I think I sound right now. I should grow up, but I don�t want to. I like my na�ve views on how the world works and love in particular. Even though I�m becoming more and more afraid to share/trust/give, I know that deep down I�ll always think love is everything.