The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Saturday, February 02, 2002

Indie Pop for the Soul The insomnia thing isn't going away. It's doing amazing things to my face. My skin looks like a demilitarized zone. I guess the stress isn't helping. My landlord repainted our bathroom and found some damage to the floor. So for the last few days and the next few days I have to shower at his place or at the gym. This isn't such a big hassle, but the timing sucks--not having my own shower is disrupting my sense of home. Right now I really need a comfortable place where I can just...be I guess, but my apartment smells like paint and if I want to shower I have to bother my landlord. In an effort to cheer myself up from my girl stuff and my lack-of-shower stuff, I've gone on an indie-pop shopping spree. I pretty much ordered the entire Shelflife catalog, but then I became rational and settled on an old Skypark album, an old Majestic album, and the latest from Le Coupe. Hopefully they'll arrive before I leave for England and I can make a disgustingly-happy indie-pop mix. Next time I'll probably order the last Brittle Stars album and this Shelflife compilation I've been eyeing. Although, if you're reading this, think about how pathetically sad I am and how giving me these CDs as a gift would inject some happiness into my otherwise morose and moribund life. Aislers Set are playing in LA in March. I'm thinking of going down if I can convince Raina to go with me. Then she can watch me turn to jelly as I become bewildered by Jen's ridiculously sexy smile. Yes, my favorite bass player in the world plays keyboards for Aislers Set too. For more on Jen, check out my archives and go to the 7/14, 7/19, 8/26, and 9/11 entries. Damn, I can't believe I haven't seen the Fairways play since September. I skipped their January show so I could see the girl. Hmph. Kitten gets back home (hers, not mine) on Monday night, so I can go cry on her shoulder. Hmmm, maybe I should go see Nathalie's paintings later today....