The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Time to Go? Watching Evander Holyfield getting his ass kicked made me sad. He had a brilliant run, but it�s clearly time for him to go. Watching him get deluged by potshots from a cruiserweight was kinda pathetic. Using the considerable powers of my imagination, I equated it to my situation. Do I really want to stay until everything bothers me so much that I�m reduced to an ineffectual mess that�s a shadow of my former self? Or do I leave with a modicum of dignity? Hopefully it won�t have to get to that point. I received a bit of unexpected news that has the potential to take care of many things that are bothering me. Hopefully it�s a real option and not just another one of the chairman�s knee-jerk ideas. It would make me much happier personally and professionally. I�m afraid to want it because I haven�t wanted anything this badly in a long time.