The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Disconnected Last time I was in Japan, I really enjoyed not having a mobile phone. It's the same this time around, but it's distressing how helpless I feel without an Internet connection. I got into Keio Plaza last night, but they ran out of DSL modems so I couldn't go online. And it's not like back home, where I can just got to a Starbucks and hook up over T-Mobile Hotspot. So I was feeling pretty helpless. It's crazy how much of my life revolves around the Net. Work is a given, but a lot of my social life revolves around email and instant messaging. That's pretty lame. Oh well, I think I'll kick it old school and write some letters. Raina and Kate will be up first. Thankfully the DSL thing is all sorted out...and I have plenty of wicked-cool Japanese beverages.