The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Frazzle Rocked This morning seemed like it would be simple. I was supposed to write an article and edit a handful more. Then I got the call. I had to do a radio show in ten minutes and schedule two television thingies before noon. Oh, I had to answer a bunch of email questions for my panelists about the little jammie we're doing this weekend at Comic Con. Plus, Itagaki was coming over at 12:45 to show us a game. I successfully managed to juggle everything and have it come out okay. Though I think I lost even more hair. *sniff* I publicly admit that I should have been more of an $**&$@) about how the demo went. I feel like I let Ben down. Selfishly I admit that I feel comfortably detached from things so it didn't really bother me. Bryn welcomed his son into the world last night. He did not name him Ponce Williams III as I suggested. Nor did he name him Oliver as he claimed he would. Phu thought the lads name was Samuel Jackson, but that's not it either. To paraphrase a line from the first episode of Friends, "Welcome to the world Samuel John Williams. It sucks. You're going to love it." Though I'm not really looking to Comic Con, I am looking forward to running away to San Diego. I haven't fled for a few weeks and I do miss the warmer weather. I should visit cousin Rachelle while I'm there, but I think I'll lock myself in my room when I'm not at the con or in the gym or by the pool. Gatti vs. Dorin is on Saturday. That should be lovely. It was Digital Carlos Mesa in the house tonight. Thanks guys. It was rather lovely. Sandra emailed me yesterday. Changing mobile numbers twice seems like an even better idea than it did a few weeks ago. I had a lot of fun with this article. It's too long and I get really gratuitous with needless ramblings, but it's one of the few times this year that I've written something for work that feels personal. Plus I got to take a dig at Shane's cat. If you're really bored, check out my Stranger and The Third Age interviews. I give myself a C-, but it was super cool chatting with Lorne. He rules and his games make me smile. Bleh. My frazzled morning has pretty much left me disoriented the whole day. Don't even think about calling me a disoriental. That's worse than being called an amnasian.