The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Chilled What a wonderful weekend of nothing! I caught up on a ton of sleep; it was probably the most sleep I've had in three weeks. I went for many long walks, did a little shopping, and did a tri-form Swiffer attack on my room (duster, sweep, and wetjet). I met this interesting person the other night and actually bumped into her at the gym today. It's probably best that I don't see her again because despite being sweet, she is major t-r-o-u-b-l-e. It's cool that she's bubbly and a little clumsy, but she has multiple drug problems and a nine-year old, so it looks like she's daddy shopping. I picked up Rachel Yamagata's album. I enjoyed her EP, which I've had since June, but this really takes it. This is what my album would sound like if I were a pop star. I'd really like to meet her just so I can ask, "Geez, woman, what the hell's wrong with you?" That or I'd let her know, "Everything's going to be okay hon." She sings about her crap relationships and whines incessantly about many different things. It's like my blog in musical form.