The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

The Critics Agree! Wow. This interview is getting a lot more attention than I thought it would (watch it now!). I've been getting lots of calls, comments, emails, etc. Almost all of them fit into one of three categories. 1) It was damn funny. 2) Cliff and I have man crushes on each other. 3) I'm trying to get myself fired. The third one is pretty interesting. There are a couple of people that are genuinely concerned about me losing my job. They think I'm acting out and am having one of my problem-with-authority-figures things. It's almost to the point where they want to have an intervention...which brings back the funny memory of Kate wanting to have an intervention for me for my drinking. The kids in the Forums seem to dig the interview. Here are some quotes. "Cliffy B. mentions Goatse-Man, Tubgirl, and bukkake thanks to GameSpy!" "This certainly would be a great late-night show idea for G4. Cliff could do his thing, with Padilla as the straight-man, and they could have a mandatory shaithis insult on each show (a la Conan O'Brien and Christina Aguilera/Michael Jackson/Martha Stewart) and Turner could stand in the corner, being surly. For a half-hour to an hour a day G4 might not suck ass." "This is seriously the single best thing ever. Psylancer, everytime you and Cliffy B cross paths, I demand a new episode." "I have to say, that is simultaneously the most unprofessional yet utterly awesome interview I've ever fucking seen. GG guys, if you two hosted a talk show I'd get a Tivo just to record it."