The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Hurmm Something has clicked ... or something has snapped. I'm not sure yet -- it's too soon to tell. Right now I'm thinking it's the former. Somewhere in my mostly antisocial (and alcohol free!) weekend of Farley's / movie with Glenda, shopping / Farley's with Kit, boxing with Petey, starting a new KOTOR2 game, lots of introspection, catching up on sleep, and reading The Watchmen for the eight-jillionth time, something happened. Shields are up, walls have been built, and part of me is totally closed off. I suppose this is what happens when you think a lot and your H.E.B. friend sends you a new copy of a brilliant, thought provoking graphic novel (my old one is somewhere in New York). It's like being as crazy as Kovacs and as calculated as Veidt at the same time. I feel much more in control, but fully admit I'm still wacky. It takes a lot of concentration to maintain so I'm not sure how long I can keep it up, but it'll be interesting to see. My maelstrom of madness / idiocy is now contained in a nice little jar I've constructed in my mind. To speak in character for a bit I feel, "Not Raymond. Not Raymond at all." Maybe this will be a good thing.