The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Whirlwhind So I got back from Vegas this evening. It was an okay trip. The work part was fun. The straight interviews were okay -- there's enough stuff to edit to make it look good. The wacky stuff was better. Mikey C was really fun and I've dubbed him the president of Raleigh. I also had fun with Frodo's brother, making him really uncomfortable by telling him how pretty his eyes are. Sweet. You know, I totally forgot that I was in New York a week ago. I had to think real hard to remember where I was between my two Vegas trips. Tomorrow I'm headed to Seattle, so my brain should be really scrambled when I get back Wednesday evening. Oh yeah, there might be a major change happening next week. It's all happening so fast. Calgon, take me away ... actually Calgon is totally lamerz -- I much rather have a Lush Bath Bomb. So back to Vegas! Oddly enough, I didn't spend much time with Justin or Billy. I haven't had as much time to socialize during publisher events since I have to pay attention for writing purposes, grab people for interviews, interview said people, and do some networking for future things. There are lots of people I want to catch up with, but it all goes by so fast. Such is life I suppose. I did get to spend lots of time with Tina-nana and Julie after the event. Tina is so much fun; she's super cute, funny (as funny as women get anyway), smart, charming, smart (again), and she reminds me of Kasumi. She's one of my favorite drunks. Julie ... hmmmmm. She has certainly blossomed over the years. I remember when she was this adorably goofy girl that I gave a special ring to. She went on to become a beautiful woman. And now she's a gorgeous wife. Spencer is quite the lucky man. Oh yeah, I got really drunk. It wasn't the crazy vodka drunk of last year, but rather a sustained wine drunk. I think I was loopy from 9PM to 3AM. I was mostly in control. When thinks looked like they were starting to go over the edge, I had to take care of Tina for a bit, so that was good. I did make one drunk text message. I didn't write anything I didn't mean, but I shouldn't have sent it. I feel bad about that. Oh well. Hopefully next time I'll have a babysitter. I miss my daughter! Even though her new site isn't as cute and smells like it's powered by something a little boy conjured (*snicker*). I think my world is becoming right again. It all started on 02/17/05. Pitchers and catchers reported to spring training that day, and I just felt a little bit better about life in general. Oh yeah, who the hell is playing fantasy baseball this year? I wanna play!!! (I think I rather go for a Yahoo! league than SportingNews this year.) Oh yeah, back to Vegas again. I wasn't in a very social mood so I totally skipped the madness that went on. I spent lots of time at the Luxor Spa, which at $25 / day with unlimited re-entry is the best way to keep out of trouble, stay relaxed, get a little workout, and be good to your skin. I played some cards just to see how my counting skills are. Newsflash: they suck. I won a little bit of money, but I made some really bad mistakes. If I played better I would have been up $900; I'm nowhere near that. Last, but not least, I caught up with an ex. It was mildly amusing and totally harmless. I probably shouldn't have called her, but I really didn't want to be totally alone. Well, I guess I should pack!