The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

No Go Before I get to my postiliciousness, watch Episode II of RESET!!! I'll do the director's commentary thingie later. The most obvious criticism is that I look like a frickin' cow. Crazy training starts Tuesday. So I'm not going to Singapore. I'm doing the smart thing--finishing the next episode and preparing for my three-city tour. I'm a little bummed, but it's the wiser thing to do. I just wish it didn't make me feel like such a grown up. Yuck. On the plus side, I got out of going to QuakeCon. It would have been okay, but I really didn't want to go to Texas twice in a week. More importantly, I'll be filming the the segment I really want to film. So after Austin and Chicago, I'll be going to Vegas to play at this silly thing. The QuakeCon content would have been more substantive, but this will pull in more traffic. Plus I'll get to ask models questions like these: A caravan of wood elves, traveling 70 miles per hour, leaves Velius heading toward Kunark, 260 miles away. At the same time a caravan of gnomes, traveling 60 mph, leaves Kunark heading toward Velius. When do the two caravans meet? How far from each city do they meet? Hmmmm, I'll need to rethink this. I'm pretty sure EverQuest uses the metric system.