The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Monday, August 29, 2005

IV So episode IV is up. There's a lot I don't like about it, but I'm really hyped about the Midway package. It was really fun and random and cool. Let's to a binary list for this episode. Bad: The studio stuff was filmed before we started editing. I hate doing that since you only have a rough idea of what you're introducing, but schedules required that it had to be done this way. I'll hate the throws in the next episode too, since we filmed them the same day. Bad: The Atari is a bit dull. I really wanted to have editors talk about the games too, but the event schedule was tighter than a frog's ass (see Gung Ho). Good: Both Kyle and Dave really salvaged the Atari piece. It would have been much more boring if I included bits of the other three interviews (two guys having a dull day and one Japanese guy being translated). Yay for dynamic personalities. Good: I think the Midway package is the best thing that's ever been on Reset. It could have been better, for sure, but it was a totally random idea that turned out pretty frickin' cool. Bad: My video blog was such a pain to edit and it's not really funny unless you know at least 25 percent of the people in the segment. Good: There's a good idea there, but I really don't want to do it again (unless they pay me more).