The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Wednesday, November 07, 2001

�Yankee pride� or �Miss me blind� Most of my friends out west don�t understand why I�m so distraught about the Yankees. Conversely, almost all my east-coast pals totally get it. Sure it�s just a game. Sure they�re there to provide entertainment. But being from New York, hell being born in the Bronx, the Yankees are so ingrained into the culture. It goes deeper than that though. Anyone that knows me knows how much I love the girls (never mind my ineptitude with them). But before I ever became a fan of the ladies, I was a Yankee fan. It was probably the first thing I ever became passionate about in life. I�ve always half-jokingly said that any girl that dates me has to be comfortable with the fact that at some time she will have to take a backseat to the Yankees. I guess that doesn�t totally explain everything, but it�s a start. There�s someone that I�ve been missing a ton and didn�t realize it until this second. Yeah, I know you�re busy with all sorts of new stuff, but don�t forget about me. My life is emptier without you in it.