The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Friday, March 22, 2002

Bumping Rejection is a funny thing (not really). This week has been kind of tough. It was bittwersweet bumping into the guy who didn't hire me--he's a great guy and I really wanted to work for him. It was awkward bumping into the guy who got the job--I don't really know him so it was somewhat uncomfortable, but he seems nice and I honestly wish him well. And...well, I'm still not sure how I feel after bumping into the girl that didn't love me back--it was so nice to just hug her and hear that she's doing well, but I do miss her like crazy. Seeing these people this week has made feel inferior, inadequate, and fucking sad as hell. I could deal with the first two chaps fine, but seeing the girl again.... I mean, I knew it would happen eventually, but nothing could prepare me for it. There's so much going on in my heart and in my head after seeing her. Thankfully I'm hitting the road in a few hours. If all goes as planned, the next two weeks should be comprised of trips to Las Vegas, Dallas, Seattle, Irvine, Seattle again, and San Diego. I hate being home.