The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Sunday, February 16, 2003

Pop Tarts I had some credit on Amazon that I had to use by the end of the month. My purchases were pretty fruity. I got that new Erasure album, where they do covers of Buddy Holly, The Ronettes, Peter Gabriel, The Righteous Brothers, and more. I also brought Christina Aguilera's Stripped...mainly because of "Beautiful." There's something about Linda Perry's (ex-4 Non Blondes front) songwriting. She's one of the few people that writes pop that doesn't offend me. Her stuff with 4 Non Blondes, Pink, and Christina is fun. "Beautiful," is just a really simple and really positive song that I'm digging. And yes, I find her more attractive than Britney because of her imperfections.