The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Friday, June 13, 2003

Tying Knots I just got back from Rob and Laurene's wedding. It's the first time I attended a good friend's wedding (I'm at d*ck and missed Esmond's last year). I missed most of the ceremony since Jeff, Gen, and I were stuck in traffic, but we caught the tail end of it. It really was a beautiful event and I'm thrilled for both of them. They're one of the best couples I know. It's a bit scary since I'm getting to that marrying age and I'm nowhere near getting married. I can't really envision it for myself, especially because of the...situation I've been in for the last two years. It doesn't really lend itself to marriage. At least I'm growing up. It's scary, but at lunch on Monday I was truly mortified at some of things we were talking about. It's creepy how new luggage or 300-thread count sheets make me happy these days. Hmmmm, I don't want to dwell on that anymore. It's too frightening.