The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Saturday, May 03, 2003

I Reclaimed My Heart... ...from San Francisco. It was really weird. I haven't been to SF in a bit, so I thought I'd miss it more than usual. But for the first time since I moved, I didn't miss it dearly. When Bryn and I arrived to SFO it felt very foreign, which was odd considering how much time I've spent their. Coming into the city, I didn't feel that wave of nostalgia. Going to Farley's was great, but seeing Tobie was just okay. I mean, it was cool seeing her and all, but I didn't get the tingles like I did so many times in the past. I wonder if this means that I'm finally accepting Irvine as home, which scares me on several levels. My pre-E3 shopping is going well. Steve and I went to Carlsbad for some shopping. I bought two pairs of Pumas and one pair of Addidas. Last week with Raina I bought a paid of Asics. So I'm all set on the shoe front. My Roots hoodies are getting the GameSpy treatment and I pretty much have to wear those everywhere. I bought some other odds and ends at the outlets so I'm nearly done with my E3 stuff. It won't be as cool as last year...maybe next year I'll Zoolander out.