The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Friday, November 28, 2003

Blue Hawaii Thanksgiving Waikiki has been pretty rad so far. I've logged plenty of beach hours already. My tan is coming back and I should have raccoon eyes by the time I return. My skin is most grateful for the sun--those nasty stress rashes are going away. I went surfing yesterday afternoon. There were like 20 people in the lineup, so I only went for two waves in 30 minutes. On the first one, I bit it and managed to hit my hip on the board. On the second one, my hip was twitching so I bailed. I spent the next hour hanging out in the lineup and tanning. Oh well, maybe I'll try again on Saturday. The highlight of the trip so far was Thanksgiving dinner with Don Ho. He put on a great show with the help of his family and a few guests. There was this man with a beautiful voice and a 14-year old girl that shreds on the ukelele. Don's daughter, Hoku, is stunning! She's talented, a little goofy, and beautiful. Check out some pics of the day one.