The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Sunday, December 28, 2003

A Happy Holiday Xmas was very strange, but fun. It's the first time I spent Xmas without my family. Christian, Ryan, Carlos, and Amber came over for some beer burgers, dinner dogs, mac & cheese (baked), and holiday junk food. We watched a vast assortment of crap television including Iron Eagle, The Tuxedo, Clash of the Titans, Flash Gordon, VH1's 200 most shocking moments in Rock N' Roll (none of which were particularly shocking), and VH1's 40 biggest feuds in entertainment. I was grateful for the company. The next day I got a last-minute visitor that spent the weekend. I had a really nice time chilling out with her, drinking with her, taking care of her, napping with her, and all that good stuff. I haven't known her very long, but I feel so comfortable with her and I don't feel the need to put on my "watch this idiot entertain you" act. Even though she spent 40-something hours with me, I'm pretty sure she wasn't irritated (much) by my company--bonus. She's pretty incredible, quite attractive, and so charming. She's pretty "wow." It's going to be weird sleeping alone again. I've gotten accustomed to having her next to me, waking up early to make her breakfast, and nudging her up to start the day. On the plus side, I'll have more time to box this week--my jab is getting pretty crappy. It's way lame, but I started to miss her before she even left. That's so Legolas.