The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Making Up Okay, it turns out I was just floopy from that lack of sleep. I woke up around 4:00AM again to get a preview done before I left to L.A. I hitched a ride down to the airport with Tal around 7:00. The flight was quick and pleasant. We got the studio, dropped off our stuff, and got something to eat. Prepping for the shoot was fun. Vic, Mark, and Tal are all super rad. Julie, the makeup artist, was really sweet too. I decided that I want a personal makeup artist to touch me up every 15 minutes or so. It was cool to see a bunch of G4 pals too. It was cooler to discover how much makeup rules. As for the shoot, I did okay. Thankfully, they let me wear my shades! Vic was his usual dapper self and did a silky smooth job at hosting the crew. Mark and Tal did better than me uncut, but I think the stuff I said will be easier to work with in post. In general, they were just more dynamic than I was. We'll see. Vic did a nice job of helping me out when I needed a push. I think the show will be cool, but I'm sure I could have done better. It was an excellent experience and I learned a lot from observing many things. After the shoot I caught up with Kimmie, Kate, and Justin. I'm really excited for Kate and her new job. She'll do really well and I hope it's the place she's looking for. It's a fantastic company, but it's also dramatically different from her last gaming gig. After dinner, Kimmie and I hung out in my room and caught up. I showed her all sorts of pictures and videos from the last year. She showed me really interesting pictures of her current beau. I could have done without seeing some of them, but at least I have a very good idea of what his bear (not a typo) chest looks like. It was really fun spending time with someone I haven't seen in ages yet still feel extremely comfortable with. She's just cool like that. Plus my mother really, really loves her. Hopefully I'll get to catch up with her and Raina before E3 fully kicks off.