The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Wednesday, May 08, 2002

Pocket full of kryptonite So after my incredibly fun encounter last Thursday with insanely-cute-coffeehouse-girl, I thought seeing THE girl robbed me of my powers. When I went to the coffeehouse on Monday--nothing. Tuesday--nothing. I was pretty sure that THE girl was my kryptonite and stripped me of my ability to be charming for one hour every day (it's my mutant power...really). Seeing THE girl always shakes my confidence and coffeehouse girl was kind of busy those nights. I mean, we chatted and all, but nothing special. Today I went to the coffeehouse with Rannie and James, and was well on my way to more of nothing. We ended up playing Scrabble and I lost by four points because of my own greed. I hate losing, so I thought I was going to be all grumpy. I thought I�d say bye to coffeehouse girl since we didn�t really say anything the entire night. She�s been feeling down and I wanted to cheer her up, so I bought her a pack of the cigarettes she smokes and let her know that I was thinking about her. After a really nice and long hug, we talked for a bit and I left feeling way happy. I don�t really know her, but I can tell she�s warm, caring, generous, and really hot. I�m such a dork.