The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Saturday, May 11, 2002

Say what?!?!?! Wow�all of the sudden I have a major dilemma about Irvine. It�s a wonderful dilemma to have though. I was all set to live with my friend�s younger brother and two of his friends. Then out of the blue, Steve emails me and says he�s game to move to Irvine with me. Although living with the college kids would have been nice, living with Steve would be fantastic. Adjusting to and exploring (exploiting?) a new town with one of my oldest and best friends would be phenomenal. It would make adjusting infinitely easier. I feel bad about ditching the kids, but I have to be selfish in this case. Moving to Irvine with Steve would make life much easier, much more stable, and way more fun. I�ve lived with him before and know he can tolerate me. More importantly, we�d give each other big-time support, which is crucial when adjusting to a totally new area. I really hope things work out with Steve. Now�back to the coffeehouse girl--sorry for the interruption. Kate and I went there tonight to see her. She was a little sad, but we had a pleasant exchange. However, I�m beginning to wonder if I misheard what she said. If that is indeed the case and if what I now think she said is what she actually said then the exchange was way cooler than I thought. As I was jotting something down on a business card, it went something like: Me: Hey, tell me a story. Her: It�s not a good story day�maybe tomorrow. I�ll tell you all the stories you want, just write down a number. After further thought I think this is what actually happened: Me: Hey, tell me a story. Her: It�s not a good story day�maybe tomorrow. I�ll tell you all the stories you want, just write down my number. The thing is, she doesn't work tomorrow (Saturday).... One word makes a big, big difference. I don�t know if that�s what she said. Sue me. I was nervous (as I always am around beautiful women), I was writing, and it was moderately busy that night. I don�t know�maybe it�s just wishful thinking on my part. Gah, this is one of those moments where I wish life was in TiVo so I could rewind it and play it back a million times to be sure what happened. Oh well. I�m supposed to go to the coffeehouse with Hot Kirsten on Monday. Maybe my poor hearing will be the impetus to ask amazingly-sexy-coffeehouse-girl out.