The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Monday, December 29, 2003

Friends There was an episode of Friends where Chandler and Joey make a pro/con list with Ross to aid his romantic decision making. I started one on a napkin last night...but the madness didn't stop there. The Raymond Show is all about taking it to the next level, so I transferred everything to a spreadsheet. Next I asked Steve, Ryan, Carlos, Matt, and Thor to weigh all the pros and cons on a five-point scale. Then I booked a conference room so we could have a meeting to discuss our findings. Finally, I tallied the scores and came up with averages, percentages, and variances. It was a bizarre exercise in geekdom, but it really helped me think things through and I truly appreciated the boys indulging and supporting me. Hmmm, I turned down that job in Cambridge today. It was hard because those guys are really cool and their company is definitely going to rock, but my March windfall is going to be larger than I expected and the TV stuff keeps picking up. Plus my family doesn't think the area is right for me and my mom thinks starting a new life will only delay my lady search (mom's starting to worry. ha!). The recruiter was irritated and really started to lay into me, which was really lame. I tried to show patience, but he kept yelling, using vulgarity, and tried to belittle my place at my current job--not cool. Anyway, that's all behind me now. Carlos and Matt are having a New Year's Eve party, which is a vast improvement over my UFC/KFC 2003 kick off. The Force has told me that I am to be hammered at this party. It's likely I'll be a little melancholy though. It'll be great to start a new year off with friends that are just quality people, but my thoughts will undoubtedly drift to the one person I want to be kissing at midnight.