The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Monday, May 27, 2002

Asking, wanting, moving It�s been entirely too long since my last blog. So much has happened since then and many details have been forgotten, but I�ll try to sum it up for you anyway. So I asked out amazingly cute coffeehouse girl. By real men�s standards it was a wussy effort, but for me it was Herculean. Rannie, Jeff, and I were leaving the coffeehouse and I asked coffeehouse girl to come outside for ten seconds. So we�re outside and she asks, �So why am I out here for ten seconds?� And I say, �I�d really like to see you�as in when you�re not here. If that�s cool, let me know.� So I slipped her my business card and she says, �I�m out of town this weekend, but I�ll give you a call next week.� I was totally spastic about my effort and thought about banging my head on concrete for a few hours. In retrospect it wasn�t so bad. It�s been nearly two weeks and she hasn�t called. Oh well. At least I asked. Oh, my aforementioned fit led to me calling someone I really shouldn�t have. It was both good and bad, but I definitely shouldn�t have made that call. Have you ever fallen in love with someone, not seen or talk to her for a long time, all of the sudden see her a lot over a short period of time, and remembered every reason you fell in love with her the first place? That was my interesting subplot during E3. In addition to the ridiculous amount of work and the gratuitous parties, my heart was being tugged on a lot. I can�t even find the words for all the emotions I went and am going through. Anything I try to say would woefully understate the actuality of my feelings. It wasn�t so bad though. Thankfully I had some really great company to help get me through the week. This blog totally sucked. I should blog more often so I don�t try to cram too many things into one entry. I�m sure this will be an emotional week, with Rob and I going our separate ways, saying many goodbyes, and flying off into parts unknown. I�ll be sure to jot it all down right after it happens.