The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Two Guys Rannie and I had a lovely dinner at Baraka. It's this posh Morrocan restaurant in Potrero Hill. The food was yummy and I was mostly good (salmon and vegetables). After dinner we went to Farley's where I acted as her safety for her blind Internet encounter. He was a nice, harmless guy. He's some geek that works at Sun, makes tables, and has two cats. He has a lovely apartment a block from Farley's--so jealous! Oh yeah, in between Baraka and Farley's we stopped by Collage and I found a really adorable gift. It's so cute! So in addition to feeling like Charlotte, I'm now feeling like Britney. "Sometimes I run. Sometimes I hide." So this guy's lifestyle has me thinking. Do I want to be the guy that runs away to Costa Rica on a whim? Or do I want to be the guy that settles down in Potrero Hill and lives a stable life (and is on the path to settling down)? Both are appealing. I'm so not ready for the latter. I'd probably miss the former. I guess I'm still in my, "I'm not sure who I'm supposed to be," mood. And I guess I stll have things I'm running and hiding from. Work. Life. Love. Pancakes. It's all so confusing.