The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My Kingdom for a Desk I'm computing from my freshly made Sauder desk. Since I'm trying to be as anti-Ikea as possible, this was a good cheap alternative. The only downer is that it wasn't nearly as easy to put together as Ikea stuff. It wasn't hard though, just mildly annoying. Save for a small part of the drawer that I smacked in frustration (well, irritation really), it's put together rather nicely. With a dab of wood glue, it will be perfect. I think I'll leave all the part labels on as badges of honor. So that's a desk, a bed, a book shelf, a vanity table, and a dresser that I assembled myself. I think I'll start a show called This Old Modular Furniture.