The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Save Me! I just got back from seeing Saved! with Xian and Rannie. It's the most wonderful movie I've seen since Lost in Translation. Save for three minutes of over hokeyness, it was perfect for me. It had heady intelligence, romantic sap, and delicious irony. There are many things that make me laugh, but I genuinely found this movie to be funny. The play on zealous religious beliefs was delectable. And I'm always a sucker for sappy romantic stuff (stares at the two victims he dragged to Sweet Home Alabama). Jena Malone, Mandy Moore, and Macauley Culkin were great, but I'm totally in love with Eva Amurri and was smitten with her performance. I remember seeing her in an episode of Friends and thinking, "How you doin'?" It was cool to see her in a wonderful move. See it! It rules.