The Ramblings of an Ornamental American

An update on Raymond's quest of life, liberty, and the pursuit of sandwiches.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Wisdom of Cobra "No victory without risk!" I picked that up from the stack of G.I. Joe comics I borrowed from Hilary. In addition to being happy for him because he's more satisfied with work, I'm thrilled that Hil started a comics site so that I can borrow stuff from his desk each week. Plus, I get little nuggets of wisdom from Cobra Commander and people of that nature. So yeah, the phrase is actually quite applicable to what I'm going through right now. I'm still sorting out what's smart, what's brave, what's practical, what's cowardly, etc. Of course my new plan is to get a pair of these so I can pitch for the Yankees. I'm lefty. I can throw a changeup. I can learn a knuckleball. Perhaps it's my destiny to be one of their middle relievers. Oh, thanks to everyone that dropped me a line to check if I was okay. I appreciate it. But please note, I'm disgruntled, not psychotic.